Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year's 2011




Christmas was great, the kids came and went, much eating was done by all. On to New Year’s Eve in Denver for the fireworks show at 9:00 P.M. and 12:00 A.M.(we weren’t out on the street for that one at minus six degrees.)

On New Year’s Day we battled the crowds and the humongous baby strollers on the second to the last weekend for the King Tut exhibit at the Denver Art Museum. My one disappointment was that it did not include the amazing solid gold burial mask that I remembered seeing as a girl when the Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha hosted the fabulous artifacts of the tomb of the boy king. S. and I had a fun weekend in the mile high city. Happy New Year to all.

1 comment:

  1. The pics are courtesy of my talented wife, Lou. As my father would have said, it was colder than a well digger's tailbone. Nonetheless a great time!

    ReplyDelete