Friday, May 6, 2011

The Thing Now Has Warp Drive


Do you remember the old Star Trek movies where when the star ship needed to get away quickly from some threat like an exploding star or something, they could go into warp drive and travel faster than the speed of light and all the images out the bridge windows were of streaks of light? Well, I turned on the old vacuum today and it streaked across the rug like that. I seem to vaguely remember S. saying something about having belts replaced at the Oreck dealer. The dealer is one of the businesses that S. sells cable advertising to. Holy Cow the thing is fast now!

I can’t remember it ever acting like this even when it was new maybe fifteen years? ago. I have to catch it just to tap the off control with my toe. Good thing it has bumpers on the front as it is bashing into everything. Poor Penelope she has always mistrusted the thing even before it started to act crazy.

There is a faint rubber smell too. I think I’d better finish fast before the thing blows up! 

Lou

2 comments:

  1. ha ha nice, before you know it it'll be able to vacume all on its own! Wouldn't that be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After replacing the belt and the brushes, the guy at the vacuum dealer said "your wife will think you installed new carpeting." I think he underestimated his product.

    ReplyDelete