Wednesday, June 1, 2011

New Colors


When you let E. #2 help select the paint colors, this is what you get. We now have orange sparkle and toasted apricot in the second guest room and grasshopper in the quilting/baby room. I very much appreciated her willingness to help paint the two rooms with me while she was here visiting recently.    

She went on to stay a few days with her sister and brother-in-law and helped to paint there as well. The nursery for our grandson whose arrival is expected in July. Their inspiration room has a vintage race car theme and bright primary colors so the walls have been painted two shades of gray above and below the white chair rail.

I’m sure I would have selected very safe tans and browns for our house left on my own, but we like the new colors and the fresh look to go with the new soft carpet underfoot. The true colors are brighter than the photos show.

For my daughter-in-law, please note that grandma Lou has her “ducks in a row” and is ready for visiting babies.




Lou

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! The "nursery" is ADORABLE! The little one cannot WAIT to break it in! The rooms look fabulous! So excited to see it all in person in just a week!

    ReplyDelete