Thursday, August 11, 2011

A tree flowering in August


The yard took quite a battering from the huge hailstorm in July but the landscape is rebounding nicely. The Canada red cherry tree that starts out with green leaves in the spring that change over to a wine color is re-blossoming now. Not every branch has blooms but enough that I can smell the lovely fragrance of spring again. The little oak has also put out new green leaves, but I worry about it still because of the damage on the bark of the branches where the hailstones opened big cracks. I hope it can withstand the next winter’s wind and cold. The flower boxes all came back too despite being reduced to stems. Nature is pretty remarkable in healing itself. I never tire of seeing the wonders.

The house needs a new roof, too bad it can’t heal itself!




From my “God’s Creation calendar for 2011” this month. “Look. . .and be utterly amazed.” Habakkuk 1:5

Lou

No comments:

Post a Comment