Saturday, July 7, 2012

Sewing projects


I have been attending quilting less frequently since May but have still been doing a little sewing. I finished a quilt top made of batik fabrics for a small lap quilt/throw for a couch. This one is for E #2. The first quilt I made for her has really bright colors on a black background. Well, she told me she liked color! This one is toned down quite a bit. My friend Cindy will quilt it sometime this summer on her long-arm quilting machine using leaves and vines.

The second project was a collaborative effort by three of us, actually mostly two as one doesn’t sew much but helped with the hand sewing portion. It is a baby quilt for our associate pastor’s wife who is having a baby girl due in September. It is just crib sized and the fabrics are old-fashioned looking I think. It has a ruffle all around the edge. In the photos it still needs quilting on the last border. I helped with the piecing and the ruffle and my friend Linda did all the quilting.




That's it for now. E#1 has a project for her bed that I am helping her with but nothing to show yet. She got the idea on the Pinterest website.

1 comment:

  1. I like them both!! Good job! I need to find more time to sew, it sure is relaxing!

    ReplyDelete