Thursday, November 11, 2010

Hug a veteran today


We got a new flag this year, each star has been embroidered onto the blue background and each stripe is sewn on individually as well, we paid good money for it as I recall. We bid on it at a silent auction to benefit the Stride Learning Center for preschool children with developmental disabilities and S. made the final winning bid. This flag also has a certificate that it has flown over the U.S. Capitol building in Washington D.C. on a certain date, but I couldn't find that information just now.

S. had an early men's group (the dead theologians society) to attend this morning and already had it on display on this snowy day when I opened the front door to get the newspaper at seven a.m. I am proud of him for having served his country in the Army (even though he was drafted) and of my son-in-law for having enlisted for six years in the Air Force.

To all the men and women who have served during wars and during peace times and sacrificed much so that we may live in a democratic society enjoying all our freedoms, thank you so much! Thanks just doesn’t seem like enough though. Hug a veteran today.

Lou

2 comments:

  1. I know I did! :) I'm proud of my honey, it's a real sacrifice to be in the military.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to be the recipient of a hug today and it was truly an honor to have served this great country (even in an unpopular war). One thing that I find encouraging is the way people support our troops today. It was a lot easier to do so in my parents' generation. Not just different wars; different kinds of wars.

    US54906597

    ReplyDelete