Friday, October 19, 2012

The Builder





I have a weekly date so to speak with my grandson. I babysit while his parents go to their small group. Sometimes S. is able to come too but sometimes he has meetings for our church that night. As long as I don’t have to drive on icy roads there and back I am a happy camper. In just two weeks time Maverick has gone from figuring out that his mega blocks (like Legos only bigger) fit together and can come apart to being able to sit there and build them up into a tower and search for the ones he wants to use next.
It also surprises me how it holds his attention. He sat there for a good twenty minutes building, first putting them together then taking them apart over and over again. I tried to get some pictures of him. He is not sure about the flash on my camera so he stares while waiting for it if he sees me get it out.  I asked him to smile once and he squinted up his eyes funny but I didn’t capture it.
He was in his jammies and wanted to play with the blocks rather than read books which is usually what he likes to do at bedtime.
We got to see our granddaughter build a tower out of blocks the other night on Skype. Just regular blocks but she stacked them to 7 or 8 high before they fell. These kiddos are growing up too fast!

2 comments:

  1. This is seriously adorable. I can't wait to get him more blocks! Soon we will be ready for legos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Callie's mega-blocks out now... and she's practicing building with them so her and Mav can build a huge tower!!! I just love my sweet Nephew!!! He's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete