Friday, October 18, 2013

Snow and tomato plants don’t mix


The end of the line for our lone tomato plant came just after our Fall trip a couple weeks ago. I pulled all the golf ball size green tomatoes off the plant and put them in a paper bag in the garage. A handful of them have now ripened so I will have to plan a salad for tomorrow. We had a few decent sized ones early on but then just all the small ones. Not a good season.





It rained off and on all day yesterday and then the snow started to stick last night. Today we woke up to a winter wonderland. It is pretty, but I am not really ready for the long winter. We built a wood fire in the fireplace last night and enjoyed the ambiance while we read in the living room. 





1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the snow.... but I also love tomatoes... and seeing that sad tomato plant breaks my heart!

    ReplyDelete