Wednesday, November 6, 2013

I am an artist?



On Saturday I got to try out one of those art classes that are so popular right now. The idea is that you and a group of friends sign up together for a class to paint a picture and the very patient instructor talks you through it step by step. They also provide all the supplies including a bar with wine and beer to get everyone to relax and just have fun.

The group I went with included four friends from my rehab department days. Three of them live in Northern Colorado so we met up in downtown Fort Collins for lunch and then the two hour class. I have painted a lot of rooms but nothing on canvas since my paint by number days as a kid. One thing I found out is that my hand is not particularly steady. I make wobbly lines and terrible dots. But it was a lot of fun. We did a lot of laughing.

The subject matter leaves a lot to be desired. It was the only day that worked for all of us. The painting scheduled for the class was a “Day of the Dead” type skull. Not exactly the kind of art that has a place in my home.  Here is a link explaining the tradition in the Mexican culture. http://www.mexicansugarskull.com/support/dodhistory.html

Anyway, here are some pictures from the class and our beautiful artwork. It’s for sale, anyone want it? Ha ha.




No comments:

Post a Comment